Zhakyp Omarulywas born on October 15, 1939 in the “Madeniet” village of Kokshetau region.
– Graduated from the theatre studio near the Kazakh State Academic Drama Theatre named after M. Auezov in 1960.
– Graduated from the Directing Department of the Kazakh State Institute of Arts named after Kurmangazy in 1969.
– In 1960-1961 was the actor of the Kazakh Drama Theatre in Karagandy;
– In 1961-1971, 1980-81 worked as a stage director at the Kazakh Academic Drama Theatre named after M. Auezov in Almaty;
– In 1971-72 was a chief stage director of the Kazakh Drama Theatre named after Abay in Zhambyl (later Taraz);
>- In 1972-80 worked as chief stage director of the Kazakh Drama Theatre named after S. Seifullin in Karaganda;
– In 1980-90 worked as chief stage director of the Kazakh Drama Theatre named after Zh.Shanin in Shymkent;
– In 1990 founded and became an artistic director of the Kazakh Musical Drama Theatre named after K. Kuanyshbayev in Akmola;
He staged multi-genre plays with a high artistic level:
– In 1980, he was awarded a diploma of the first degree for the play “Macbeth” at the All-Union classical drama plays competition;
– He was awarded the “A.Popov Silver Medal” at the All-Union military-patriotic plays competition with D. Isabekov’s play “The Guard of the Peace”;
– In 1993, he was awarded the title of “Honored Worker of the Republic of Kazakhstan”;
– In 1996, stage director Zh.Omaruly’s play “Aldar Kose” won in three categories at the II Festival of Turkic-speaking peoples “Tuganlyk” in Ufa:
Nomination “for outstanding merits in the development of art” (Zhakyp Omaruly);
Nomination “Umit” (a team);
Nomination “for the best role in the second stage” (actor Shamil Zhunus).
During the years of Zh.Omaruly’s management, such actors as Shamil Zhunis, Rymkesh Omarkhanova, Tuimehan Atymtayeva, Gulbarshyn Kylyshbay, Aliya Dautova, Aiman Aimagambet, Bakhyt Isabekova, Bolat Ibraev, Askhat Sultan worked together and helped to set up the theatre.
After Zh.Omaruly, the theatre was under management of Kadyr Zhetpisbayev in 1996-1998. This was the period of the formation of the Kazakh State Academic Musical Drama Theatre named after K.Kuanyshbayev.